- Results for competitions in September – People, & Open September 21, 2021
- Tonight’s Meeting September 21, 2021
- HHCC – Australia Cup September 16, 2021
- Results for competitions in Australian Cup Entries 2021 September 16, 2021
- HHCC – Photoshop Virtual Summit September 14, 2021
Hello all and a big welcome to 2019!
I hope you all had a very enjoyable break and start to the new year. We have an incredibly packed club calendar for 2019 which includes a range of competitions and social outings. I’ve now published all the dates to the site calendar, so you’ll find all the information on the club home page – https://hornsbyheights.myphotoclub.com.au/
I’ve also created the initial photo competition for February so please feel free to upload your images whenever you are ready. You’ll find all the instructions on how to submit in a previous posting. Remember that you’ll need to login to the members area to see posts and submit photos. The competition will automatically close at 5pm on the Sunday evening before the meeting.
by David Curtis, January 7, 2019
I recently sent you all an email about the new website. Hopefully you have had an opportunity to stop by and have a look. Starting in 2019 we will be running our competitions through the new website. In advance of this and to allow us to test some of the setup, we would like your help in running a test in November as part of the “Picture of the Year” competition. What we would like you to do is submit your photos through the new website in addition to the existing link you receive each month.
There are a few differences to note with the new website for competitions. Unlike the current method for submitting photos, you will not receive a unique link in email each month. The club competitions will be pre-configured on the website, which you access via your member login. This means that you can upload photos as far in advance as you prefer.
Also, you will upload a digital image of all of your photographs – including the ones that you normally print. This allows us to have a copy of all of the photos which members can view through the site at the end of the competition. To access the competition, log into the members area of the website and do the following:
- Select the “Members” button from the home page
- Select the “Enter a club competition” button
- Select the button which says “Picture of the Year”
- You will now see a screen where you can upload up to 6 photographs. For each photo you want to upload:
- Select the category which applies to the photo
- Enter the title of your photo – this is just the title NOT the name of the file which is different (see below for how to name your files)
- Select the image upload button to select your photo. Note that the 2 Megabyte upload limit and size of 1900×1200 applies to each photo. (if you want to reload there is a “clear” button).
- Select the save and upload button at the bottom. The photos will be saved against the competition. You can return to this page any time if you want to update the entries
Follow this link to read about how to name your photo files.
We’ll close the competition off at the same time as per the existing upload approach, e.g. the Sunday before the competition night. If you have any issues/questions please drop Elaine or myself a note at – firstname.lastname@example.org as I’ll be away during November.
by David Curtis, November 10, 2018
Firstly, welcome to the new Hornsby Heights Camera Club Inc. website! As Tom Carlos mentioned at the competition evening last Month we have been working hard to create a new club website for the members. The new site will give us a significant step up in look and feel, functionality and will make running the club competitions much easier. There is also a lot of additional functionality which will improve your enjoyment:
- Ability to upload all of your competition photos and see all club members entries online
- Ability to see past entries and comment on photos
- Ability to showcase photos
- Interactive club calendar which updates on the homepage and provides a quick view of upcoming events and competitions
- Ability to create and reply to posts
- Ability to maintain an individual club member profile – your interests and experience
- Ability to track our competition results and points
- Easy access to club forms
You can access the new site here. I encourage you to have a look. Everyone has been setup as a member. You will be able to access the members only area by selecting the Login button. Enter your email address. On the next screen you can reset your password. Select this option and you will receive an email. Follow the instructions to complete this on the website. The members only area will be where you select and upload photos for competitions as well as other functions. Please drop me a line if you have any issues or with any questions or comments you might have. This is just the start!
One additional thing to note is an upcoming online competition noted by Elaine – Envision Kindness. This is a global photo contest aimed at capturing photos, that make the world a better and happier place through kindness. Have a look here as there are only 5 days left!
Hornsby Heights Camera Club Inc
by David Curtis, November 8, 2018
We had a great presentation given by Corinna at the workshop night on Portfolios. This provided a great introduction into how to construct a portfolio. You can find the presentation at the following link – HHCC Presentation on Portfolios.
Hornsby Heights Camera Club
by David Curtis, November 8, 2018
Please note – we are now meeting back at the regular club location at Mount Colah Community Centre!
Our club’s aim is to foster an interest in and the enjoyment of photography. We do this through competitions, workshops, lectures, outings and meetings with other camera clubs.
Our members are all keen amateur photographers. Their photographic interests may vary – landscape, portraiture, sporting, abstract, etc., but they all share a passion for capturing great images, improving their skills and techniques and sharing their knowledge and experiences with other members. Some examples of our members’ recent photos appear on this page.
Would you like to improve your photography? Our Club meets monthly in a friendly, informal atmosphere. If you’d like to join – or just see how we operate – come along to one of our meetings. Club application forms are available at our club evenings.
We meet at 7.30pm on the 3rd and 5th Tuesday of each month.
by MyPhotoClub Colin, June 22, 2017